This is my first GAPS recipe. Super easy and simple to make. And the more you reheat it, the more it becomes flavorful.
- 2 large pieces of beef bones (preferably with joints tissues, meat, fat, bone marrow)
- 2 or more tablespoons whole peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 large carrots, diced
- celery stalks, chopped
- leeks, chopped
- broccoli leaves
- In a large pot, maybe 5 liters or more, put all ingredients except the brocolli, filled up with water and bring to boil.
- Once boiling, lower the fire and let the stock simmer for at least 6 hours more or until the stock is reduced to about 3/4. But if you can simmer it for much longer, the better.
- Let the stock cool. Strain the solid parts from the broth using a strainer and store in different containers and place in the refrigerator.
- Come meal time, just reheat what you can consume and add the broccoli. Then simmer for 30 minutes or until the broccoli leaves are soft and well-cooked.
This and a teaspoon of plain yogurt every meal are the only things I ate for two straight days while in Stage 1 GAPS Intro Diet. I’m not allowed to eat celery during this stage, so I meticulously picked out the celery before I eat the soup. But everything else, I can enjoy.
This is a hearty and delicious soup. However, after eating it for 2 days – breakfast, lunch and dinner – and not have anything else, I kinda grew tired of the taste. If only I can add noodles or eat it with something else. Like rice or bread maybe? But of course, that’s not allowed.